Irish Rail Success Story
For 26 years now Quaestor has worked alongside Iarnrod Eireann in providing engineering services.
Since 2015 Irish Rail has seen increased commuter numbers, mainly due to schemes such as tax-saver and improved user experience such as leap card integration. As commuter numbers grow and investments are made in new technologies Quaestor continues to maintain Irish Rail’s fare collection system nationwide constantly meeting the demand for shorter response times and increased equipment availability as driven by their customers.
Throughout the Republic Of Ireland Quaestor is tasked with maintaining:
- 323 Ticket Vending Machines
- 300 Entry / Exit Validation Gates
- 156 Booking Office Machines
- Station Data Concentrators
- Magnetic Ticket Validators
- Smart Card Magnetic Ticket Validators
- Portable Ticket Machines
The type of maintenance we perform on the above equipment is as follows:
- Field service 1st level corrective and preventive maintenance nationwide.
- In-house 2nd & 3rd level corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Ticket replenishment.
- Spare parts management.
- Helpdesk support.
- Service management.
- Full period reporting on equipment performance.
We constantly meet the performance criteria in the Service Level Agreement with Iarnrod Eireann by achieving 99% machine availability for all the Fare Collection Equipment in the contract and also meeting the following response times as shown below;
Location / Response Times
- Dublin City centre / 1 hour
- Greater Dublin Area / 2 hours
- Inter City Stations / 4 hours
All field service personnel are fully equipped with;
- Mobile phone
- Special tools
- Spare parts